Thermo Scientific™ B-PER™ Complete Bacterial Protein Extraction Reagent
Efficient, gentle lysis and extraction of E.coli and other bacterial cells
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 89822
Additional Details : Weight : 0.50000kg
Thermo Scientific B-PER Bacterial Protein Extraction Reagents are designed to extract soluble protein from bacterial cells without harsh chemicals or mechanical disruption.
These easy-to-use cell lysis reagents are nonionic detergent-based solutions that effectively disrupt cells and solubilize native or recombinant proteins without denaturation. B-PER Complete Bacterial Protein Extraction Reagent is an all-inclusive formulation that combines the lysis reagent with lysozyme and a universal nuclease to enable mild extraction from both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. Traditional Tris-buffered and phosphate-buffered formulations without enzymes are also offered. All B-PER Reagents are compatible with downstream applications, such as affinity chromatography (e.g., immobilized metal affinity chromatography, glutathione chromatography), SDS-PAGE, and protein quantification (e.g., Pierce BCA Protein Assay, Pierce 660nm Protein Assay). Depending on the particular application, protease inhibitors, salts, reducing agents, denaturants, and chelating agents may be added to the reagent.
- Ready to use - one-step cell lysis of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria using a mild, nonionic detergent (proprietary) in Tris or phosphate buffer formulations
- Fast and simple - just add B-PER Reagent to a bacterial pellet, incubate with mixing for 10 to 15 minutes and recover soluble proteins after pelleting the cell debris
- Convenient - B-PER Complete Reagent contains lysozyme and a universal nuclease in a single formulation with 4°C storage
- Excellent yields - recover recombinant proteins from bacterial lysates or purify inclusion bodies to near-homogeneous levels
- Flexible - B-PER Reagents are suitable for any scale of protein extraction and are available in phosphate and 1X and 2X Tris formulations, with and without enzymes
- Compatible - completely compatible with addition of protease inhibitors, and the resulting protein extract can be used in protein assays, typical affinity purification methods (e.g., GST, 6xHis) and other applications
B-PER Bacterial Extraction Reagents are more effective than traditional sonication and typical homemade lysis buffers, many of which include detergents and components that interfere with downstream applications. B-PER Reagents are formulated in Tris or phosphate buffer at physiological pH. They extract native and soluble recombinant proteins and yield lysates that are directly compatible with most downstream workflows such as electrophoresis, affinity purification, immunoprecipitation, protein interaction analysis, crosslinking and protein labeling.
B-PER Complete provides ultimate convenience and performance, because it includes optimized concentrations of both lysozyme and universal nuclease and is stable for 1 year with 4°C storage. Lysozyme facilitates lysis by solubilizing bacterial cell walls; Pierce Universal Nuclease reduces the viscosity of bacterial extracts and improves downstream applications by digesting and removing nucleic acids (DNA and RNA). B-PER Complete is most efficient for frozen cells but has been validated and optimized to achieve high yields with both fresh and frozen cells from gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. (For optimal performance with fresh gram-negative bacteria, supplementation with 1mM EDTA is required.) B-PER Complete is compatible with GST-fusion protein purification, unlike other formulations of lysis buffers which may inhibit enzyme function.
|Store at 4°C.|
|Proprietary detergent in 20mM Tris buffer, pH 7.5, containing lysozyme and universal nuclease|
|Detergent Solution, Cell Lysis Buffer|