Chromatography describes a variety of techniques that are used to separate a substance or mixture into its components. Many products are used during different stages of chromatography workflows, including solvents, standards, columns, vials and closures, and chromatography paper.
Each chromatography method depends on the specific application and substance, as well as the polarity of the separation media and solvent. Commonly used chromatography methods include:
Protein Purification Chromatography
- Technique for purifying monoclonal antibodies, oligonucleotides and other proteins
- Includes desalting techniques, as well as the use of affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic and size exclusion resins
- Technique in which samples are within a liquid or solvent
- Includes high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), flash chromatography, fast protein liquid chromatography (FPLC) and thin layer chromatography (TLC)
- Technique in which samples are heated to a gaseous state
- Well-suited for petrochemical, environmental and industrial chemical research and testing
Make the Most of Your Research
Keep Essential Information at Your Fingertips
Bio-LC Liquid Chromatography Solutions
LC Column Selector Guide
Protein Purification Chromatography
Purification is fundamental to the study of proteins. To help determine protein characteristics, the Fisher Scientific channel offers desalting products, chemicals for separation, protein standards and more. You’ll find IEX, affinity and SEC resins from top brands as well as HPLC columns designed for protein purification and analysis.
Find columns for HPLC, UHPLC, FPLC, LC-MS applications and for small and large molecule analysis. They come in reverse phase (C18, C8, RP-amide polar-embedded, phenyl, diol, cyano), normal phase, ionic, size exclusion and preparatory varieties. For optimal LC system performance, consider high-quality solvents and buffers, LC calibration standards, autosampler vials, solid phase extraction cartridges and other LC accessories.
Chromatography Vials and Closures
Have you seen our dedicated Fisherbrand Chromatography Vials and Closures webpage?
GC and GC-MS capillary gas chromatography columns serve many industries, including environmental, petroleum, chemical, food and beverage and pharmaceutical. Packed GC columns and components are also available. To maximise performance, choose compatible GC accessories, including GC inlet liners, septa, syringes, vials, calibration standards, extraction solvents and gas management products (including gas generators and pressure regulators).
Sample Handling Solutions
Find a Thermo Scientific™ SureSTART™ vial or well plate for nearly every GC or HPLC/UHPLC instrument, application and budget.
Complete Your Workflow
Find a range of products that meet the needs of your chromatography workflow.
Need More Information?
Let us know if you would like to have a Fisher Scientific representative contact you.
- Fisherbrand Academia - Essential Vial and Closure Solutions
- Fisherbrand Environmental - Essential Vial and Closure Solutions
- Fisherbrand Food Selection - Essential Vial and Closure Solutions
- Fisherbrand Industrial - Essential Vial and Closure Solutions
- Fisherbrand Pharma & Biopharma - Essential Vial and Closure Solutions
- Thermo Scientific Chromatography Consumables Catalogue 2019-2021
- Focus on Chromatography
- Chromatography Workflows
- Thermo Scientific Chromatography Capabilities
- Thermo Scientific SureSTART Collection - Five Reasons Why to Choose Our Portfolio
- Thermo Scientific SureSTART Collection - Assured Quality and Performance
- Thermo Scientific Food and Beverage Workflow Solutions
- Thermo Scientific Environmental Workflow Solutions
- Thermo Scientific Clinical Workflow Solutions
- Thermo Scientific BioPharma Workflow Solutions
- Thermo Scientific Proteomics Workflow Solutions
- Thermo Scientific Pharma Workflow Solutions
- Thermo Scientific Acclaim PepMAp
- Thermo Scientific LC-MS pre-blended solvents
- Thermo Scientific Accucore Vanquish UHPLC Columns
- Thermo Scientific UHPLC Columns Guide
- Thermo Scientific SureStop Vials
- Thermo Scientific Preparative HPLC Columns
- Thermo Scientific Titan 3 & Target 2 Chromatography Syringe Filters
- Cytiva Chromatography columns format reference guide