Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Primary Cardiomyocyte Isolation Kit
Easily isolate and culture highly viable functional primary cardiomyocytes
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 88288
Additional Details : Weight : 0.01000kg
The Thermo Scientific Pierce Primary Cardiomyocyte Isolation Kit provides isolation and culturing reagents for the optimal yield and viability of primary cardiomyocytes from neonatal heart from mouse and rat.
The Primary Cardiomyocyte Isolation Kit has been designed to obtain high viability and purity of primary cardiomyocytes using validated reagents and an optimized procedure for enzymatic digestion and culturing. The kit contains two tissue-specific dissociation enzymes, media formulated for primary cell culture, and a cardiomyocyte cell culture growth supplement that promotes the isolation, enrichment and growth of functional cardiomyocytes. The validated protocol ensures optimal isolation and significantly reduces the processing time of isolation when compared to other methods. Addition of the cardiomyocyte growth supplement to culture cells further enriches for cardiomycytes, and cultures have been maintained for up to 7 days using the kit components.
- Optimized - procedure and reagents optimized for viability, yield, purity, and ease-of-use
- Time-saving - isolation protocol requires less than 2 hours compared to up to 21 hours by other methods
- Yield - provides a 1.5- to 4-fold increase in yield compared to do-it-yourself methods and other commercial kits
- Viability - provides higher viability than do-it-yourself methods and other commercial kits
- Functional - cultured cardiomyocytes express the appropriate biochemical markers with validated beating activity
- Complete kit includes Cardiomyocyte Isolation Enzyme 1, Cardiomyocyte Isolation Enzyme 2, Hanks' Balanced Salt Solution (HBSS), DMEM for Primary Cell Isolation, and Cardiomyocyte Growth Supplement
- Cardiomyocyte cell differentiation
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Functional and biochemical assays
- Biologically relevant system for preclinical drug discovery and predictive disease modeling
Current methods for dissociation of cardiac cells from heart tissue require repeated (5 to 8 incubations) or lengthy (>16 hours) enzyme digestion, resulting in reduced yield and viability of isolated cells. The Pierce Primary Cardiomyocyte Isolation Kit provides fully optimized reagents and a protocol that prevents overdigestion for the isolation and culture of cardiomyocytes. The complete process from handling primary tissues to seeding cells in culture vessels can be completed within 2 hours.
Because it uses optimized tissue-specific dissociation enzymes, this kit isolates cardiomyocytes with greater yield and cell viability than cells isolated by existing methods. The isolated primary cardiomyocytes express cardiomyocyte protein markers and exhibit contractile function, thereby providing a model system for studies of contraction, ischaemia, hypoxia and the toxicity of various compounds.
1. Louch, W.E., (2011) Methods in cardiomyocyte isolation, culture, and Gene Transfer. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 51(3):288-98.
2. Chlopcikova, S., et al. (2001) Neonatal rat cardiomyocytes – a model for the study of morphological, biochemical and electrophysiological characteristics of the heart. Biomed. Papers 145(2):49-55.
3. Gorelik, J., et al. (2004) Comparison of arrhytmogenic effects of tauro- and glycoconjugates of cholic acid in an in vitro study of rat cardiomyocytes. Int. J. Obstet. Gynaecol., 111:867-70.
|Lyophilized papain enzyme (23kDa) from papaya latex|
|Cardiomyocyte Isolation Enzyme 1 (with papain)|
|Preparing 2.4mL HBSS solution for processing 10 mouse/rat neonatal hearts per Part No. 88281|