Methyl acetate, 99%, extra pure, Thermo Scientific™
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.
|Assay Percent Range||98.5% min. (GC)|
|Merck Index||15, 6082|
|Refractive Index||1.3600 to 1.3620|
|Residue after Evaporation||0.001% max.|
|Solubility Information||Solubility in water: 250g/L (20°C). Other solubilities: miscible with alcohol and ether|
|Viscosity||0.38 mPa.s (20°C)|
|Water||0.05% max. (K.F.)|
|Chemical Name or Material||Methyl acetate|
|Show More Show Less|
- Methyl acetate
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Flammable liquid Category 2
- Specific target organ toxicity Category 3
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H336-May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- H225-Highly flammable liquid and vapour.
- EUH066-Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking.
- P210-Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P240-Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
- P261-Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
RUO – Research Use Only