Merck Millipore Clear Thioglycollate Medium, Screw Cap Bottle with Septum
Alternative formulation of the standard Fluid Thioglycollate Medium that has the same growth properties and pharmacopeia compliance, but features extra visual clarity. Packaged in screw top bottles with large diameter septum area.
Brand: Merck Millipore STBMCTM12
Additional Details : Weight : 0.99000kg
Fluid Thioglycollate Medium (FTM) is primarily intended for the detection of anaerobic bacteria and is used for sterility testing by membrane filtration or direct inoculation, as described in the USP, EP and JP. Clear Thioglycollate Medium has the same growth promotion properties as the standard FTM and is compliant to pharmacopeia recommendations, but brings extra visual clarity compared to FTM, which has a slight turbidity or haze.
- Easy-to-use, reliable, sterile product to ensure accurate sterility testing
- Available in a double-bagged, sterilized packaging for increased test method reliability
- Non-coring, large diameter septum area is easy to pierce for operator safety and productivity
- Reduces the risk of cross contamination and growth inhibition with rimless cap design
- Manufactured in ISO 9001 controlled environments
- Each lot is certified for pH, sterility, and growth promotion using ATCC strains specified by the USP/EP/JP
|7 - 14 days|
|USP, EP and JP|
|Screw cap with septum|
|Per1L of purified water: Casein peptone 15.0 g, L-Cystine 0.5 g, Monohydrated/ Anhydrous dextrose 5.5/5.0 g, Yeast extract 5.0 g, Sodium Chloride 2.5 g, Sodium thioglycollate 0.5 g, or Thioglycolic acid 0.3 mL, Resazurin 0.001 g, Synthetic Agar|
|30 - 35 °C|