MeltDoctor™ MeltDoctor™ HRM Master Mix
Contains all components (excluding template and primers) formulated for superior HRM performance across a wide range of genomic targets.
Brand: Applied Biosystems™ 4409535
Additional Details : Weight : 0.10500kg
High Resolution Melting (HRM) analysis is a post-PCR analysis method used to identify genetic variation in nucleic acid sequences. Unlike some competitive mixes, the MeltDoctor™ HRM Master Mix does not require additional mixing prior to use, and was developed and optimized solely for HRM applications.
- Low background fluorescence
- High brightness in the presence of double-stranded DNA
- Minimal temperature shift of DNA melting due to dye binding
- Thermal stability to tolerate PCR cycling conditions
- No inhibition of polymerase activity, resulting in high PCR efficiency
- A dNTP blend including dUTP, which minimizes carryover contamination by allowing amplicon degradation by uracil DNA glycosylase (UDG) in subsequent PCR reactions
Perform Mutation Scanning:
- HRM analysis can be used to scan for mutations in target genes for the identification of variant samples prior to sequencing analysis
- As a mutation scanning technique, HRM offers significant advantages over conventional methods such as Denaturing High- Performance Liquid Chromatography (DHPLC) and Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis (DGGE)
Advantages of HRM for mutation scanning
- Low reagent consumption, with little waste: HRM requires only a 20μL PCR reaction for analysis of each sample, eliminating the need for HPLC solvents or DGGE gels
- Simple, fast workflow: no additional instrumentation is required after PCR amplification;A high-resolution melt step can be simply added to the end of the PCR profile for immediate analysis
- Fast optimization: unlike DHPLC, thermal optimization is not required
- Low sample consumption: following HRM analysis, the PCR product can be used directly in a Sanger sequencing reaction
- Magnesium salts and other buffer components, precisely formulated to obtain optimal HRM results
- AmpliTaq Gold™ 360 DNA Polymerase, a highly purified DNA polymerase that provides hot-start performance, minimizing non-specific product formation and enabling reactions to be set up at room temperature
- MeltDoctor™ HRM Dye, a stabilized form of the fluorescent SYTO™ 9 double-stranded nucleic acid stain developed by Molecular Probes
Guaranteed minimum shelf life is 60 days. Shipping Conditions: Wet Ice
|Components of the MeltDoctor™ HRM Master Mix, provided in a convenient 2X mix, include: AmpliTaq Gold™ 360 DNA Polymerase, MeltDoctor™ HRM Dye, a dNTP blend including dUTP, Magnesium salts and other buffer components, precisely formulated to obtain optimal HRM results.
Store at -15 °C to -25 °C
Guaranteed minimum shelf life is 60 days (exact expiry date printed on product and CofA).
|AmpliTaq Gold 360 DNA Polymerase|
|DNA (Genomic), cDNA|
|7500 Fast System, 7900HT Fast System, QuantStudio™ 12k Flex, QuantStudio™ 3, QuantStudio™ 5, QuantStudio™ 6 Flex, QuantStudio™ 7, StepOne™, StepOnePlus™, ViiA™ 7 System|
|20 mL, 50 mL|
|SNPs (Unknown or Numerous), Epigenetic Targets|
|HRM Master Mix|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.